Nice day today. Got up around 7:20 this morning and made my coffee and did some "computing" until Frank got back from his workout around 8:10. Had a bite to eat and later drove out to the barn for a "Kramer session". He seemed to be full of energy, but after his lungeing, he was the same ol, same ol. After lots of trotting at different speeds and many square cormers and circles and lefting of his shoulder, etc., we cantered to the right and after a few times around, I worked on canter to trot transitions. He did them so well today that I didn't even think about putting the draw reins on...go figure!
Our problem today was picking up the left lead...really? I thought maybe I was freeing up his right shoulder too much thereby restricting his left shoulder so he wasn't able to freely take the left lead; so I made sure that wasn't the case. Still took his right lead. I made sure that I was pushing harder with my right leg, still took the right lead. Then I thought maybe I pushed too hard with my right leg(kind of forcing him to move his r. leg out first). That wasn't it, still took the right lead. Ok, let's do some side-passing to the left and then some forehands turns to the left, then an easy collected jog several times around so as to not anticipate the canter then did a bit of shoulders in and kissed and off he went on the left lead! Cheez!! He cantered very comfortably around several times and then I practiced transitions on that side. He got it. Whew! Afterwards some shwmnshp; mainly practicing the back. We need a lot of practice there!
Finally finished up after a nice 2 step back and set up; good Kramer! Put 4 braids in his mane where it keeps laying on the wrong side & then put him up in his stall for a nice feed treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment