Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday eve's post continued

Since I haven't figured out how to post more than one picture on a single entry, I have to do multiple entries!  Anyway, after mass I went out to the barn, changed in the trailer into breeches & boots and gathered up Kramer form the roundpen.  I lunged him as usual and then tacked him up for a ride.  We had a good ride; but the transitions from canter to trot were rough.  They're pretty good the reverse way of trot to canter.  I'll definitely do as Allie suggested and use the draw reins on him to let him get the idea of where I want him to be position wise while transitioning.
We ended our ride on a positive note which was easy as I asked him to do front and haunch turns which he did very well.  Of course, we had to do some showmanship and finally finished up our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment