Friday, October 21, 2011
Gorgeous Day!
Such a beautiful day! I waited until it warmed up a bit before heading out to the barn for a ride. I'm not a big fan of getting on a frisky horse full of high energy while my bones are still trying to warm up-Nope! I'll let it get as warm as possible. Dicided to try the outdoor pen today. I walked Kramer over in his tack and then longed him him for several minutes as he's unfamiliar with that arena & they are several things to look at besides all the colorful jumps. I got on him using a mounting block that was already there and rode around for a bit. There was only a short time where he felt like he was thinking about taking off just for fun, but I held his head around the opposite way and made him walk small circles and then started a slow trot all around the arena. Later a posting trot until he really relaxed. Afterwards, we cantered and it was a very nice, slow canter. I then practiced our transitions from canter to posting trot. Much better today. He stayed more level and under himself. I, of course contributed to that success by using my legs more and keeping my hands soft. A really nice ride, hose off and tail wash and hand grazing. See you Sunday, Kramer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment