Today was such a gorgeous day to do anything, let alone my favorite thing; riding! I went out a little later than usual to let the temps rise over 50 degrees. I pulled Kramer out of the round pen, tacked him up and took him back to the round pen for some free longeing. He was very sound and after several mins, I took him back in the barn and rode in the arena. I think we both did well, but lots of work is needed to make the transition from the canter to the trot nicer. Right now, it's a head up running trot kind of thing.
Showmanship went pretty well and we ended it when he did a nice pivot, crossing his front legs 3x's to get to where he was nice and straight. Good boy!
There is a new lady taking lessons at the barn and she is quite the talker; the type that follows you around everywhere telling you her business, all her business. She was using words like: "casted" as in "My horse got casted in the pasture." Or: "stimini" as in "my mare has a lot of stimini". What's that?? Stamina??? or she's sweats a lot so she's steamy? Then she talks in circles: My mare is 1/2 arab, 1/2 qtr. because her mom is arab and her dad is a paint......what? "I didn't have any problems getting hay, yeah I've got a barn full." Two seconds later: "I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get hay or not." Lord help me, she followed me around for at least 30 mins. or 2 hrs.....I'm not sure anymore!
Took a picture of Kramer in his sheet, he kept it on for 2 days! Altho' I had to move his stall light again. Today he hit it to where it was pointed towards Armani's stall! Such a goof.
No comments:
Post a Comment