Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Side note

Just had to add this side note that while I was sitting at the computer and had the kitchen window open, I heard a loud crash behind the house and a car horn that didn't stop blowing. I knew there was a car wreck so I headed towards it with cell phone in hand. A half a block up at an intersection that seen it's share of wrecks were two cars totalled and two teens making calls on their phones. There was an old man sitting in the backseat of one of the cars. I asked the kids if they were alright, and they said yes. There were already 3 people gathered at the scene (2 of whom were witnesses to the accident). Seems the old man turned in front of the oncoming car. Bt the looks of the damage and the face that both cars were out of the intersection and the old man's car was spun and knocked completely in the opposite direction; I'm thinking the teens were going much faster than the 35 mph speed limit.
The old man was pretty shaken up and seemed very dazed. It wasn't but about 5 mins from my arrival(I'm guessing 10 mins total at most)the fire dept and the ambulance arrived followed closely by two police cars. The witnesses both agreed that the poor old fellow turned in front of the teens and I'm sure he had no idea how fast they were going. Being from Loyola, the kids though nice enough and very mature acting are not known for their good driving skills and adherence to the speed limit. Just sayin'.......

No comments:

Post a Comment