Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday's Kramer time

Had a challenging day with ol' Kramie.  He was lunged for 20 mins and as soon as I got on him, he let me know he did not want to work anymore.  He must be a liberal entitlement-type horse!
Anyway, he decided when I asked him to trot to instead plant his front feet in the ground & then throw his head up and try the hopping up in front "thing".
Sorry fella, not going to work!  I pulled him around and made him work in small, tight circles and then pushed him forward.  Once I got him intot he trot, we trotted 10 mins to the left & 10 to the right.  I let him "catch his air" as B.F. Yeates used to say before asking for the canter.  We cantered for a while each way.  That was nice.  Then I asked several times for the trot from a walk and with each try, he got better.  The last time I asked, he trotted right off with little cue.  That's where the ride ended.  Good boy!

It's not easy taking pics of Kramer when he keeps trying to nose the camera.

Picking up the dredges of hay in the stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment