Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Long but good day

I collected Kramer from his paddock late morning.  While I was unfastening his halter from the gate, he kept trotting back & forth as he couldn't stand still & wait.  That's how full of energy he was.  While leading him to the barn, he literally was trotting in place beside me.  No short cuts today!
I longed him for at least 20 (maybe more like 30) mins today; MY KINGDOM FOR AN IPOD!  He was blowing when I led him up to be tacked & ridden.  He gave me absolutely no nonsense when I first got on him to ride.  I rode for another 30-40 mins.  Lots of long trotting, some cantering.  He did really well for the brisk, windy day it was.  He was quite content to go out and eat some grass for a while before I turned him back out.  Health-wise, he really looks good and is getting pretty fit; hopefully, I'll follow that same path!  No pics as I was wearing my "fat" breeches(fleece lined), lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment