Yesterday was one of those days. I forgot my Ipod as well as the camera when I went to the barn. Soooo lungeing seemed to take longer than ever and I couldn't take pics of Kramer "enjoying" himself. Actually, Kramer had a good time of the lunge line: bucking, squealing, jumping about now & then. It was "one of those days" out at Wildwood. Of & on sunshine, windy, plenty of noise from the gas workers behind the barn.....all of the horses were moody or "acting out" according to their riders.
Kramer seemed to be relaxed enough when I collected him from the roundpen, although he seemed a bit grumpy. His grumpiness pretty much prevailed through our ride even though his canter was wonderful. He seemed to not want to give me a big trot, he preferred a short-strided one & I had to push him (this is where his grumpiness would show up)into a bigger stride.
After the ride, I hand grazed Kramer for about 40 mins as the last couple days I couldn't let him graze for very long if at all. He made the most of those 40 minutes, grabbing all the grass his mouth could hold!
After I put him in his stall with a bit of hay & a snack, I worked on repairing (once again)his turnout sheet. Finally headed for home around 3:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment