This morning's beginnings betrayed what the weather would soon do. It was very dark & overcast with a bit of thunder this morning. It rained a bit and looked pretty darn gloomy. Then, in after about 30 mins, the wind picked up blew the clouds away and ol Mr. Sun began to shine! As the sun rose, so did the temps. I drove out to the barn around 11am and by that time it was already 68 degrees. When I lunged & then rode Kramer, it was around 71. Poor Kramer isn't happy about his winter coat right now. After our ride, I rinsed him off & put him in his stall. He looks terrible, but that's what being a wooly mammouth will do!
The pics make him look even worse than he looked in person! The camera's flash really picked up every swirl of hair! This last picture makes Kramer look sad, but he's actually wanting to take a step toward the bit of hay I left in the stall for him. Ideally, I would've turned him back out to be in the sun a couple more hrs, but the workers in the back where the roundpen is are making so much noise that I figured he'd do better in the stall where he could take a nap.
Guess what? No "popping up" today. When I urged him forward into the trot, he took short steps for a couple of steps and then began trotting. Nice!!
See! Persistence pays off! Be more stubborn than him and he'll eventually give up!
ReplyDelete