Friday, January 20, 2012

Had to go.....

Usually, I ride one day & go work out with Frank downtown on the next day.  After checking the weather last night and seeing that Friday the temps were going to be in the 70's and then Saturday they would drop back down in the low 60's and rain; I decided to ride two days in a row taking advantage of the high temps.
Kramer being readied for our lunge & ride.  Wait, is he sticking his tongue out?
See who can spot the area on Kramer's neck where it fubs the roundpen as he sticks his head through for the grass on the other side!
Kramer was tough today.  He didn't want to take the trot when asked, he decided stopping a turning his head back towards me was better.  He did this along with the "I think I'll hop up thing".  I pulled his head way around and held him there to think about things for a bit before asking for the trot again...away we went!  The above pic is after our ride and before his rinse off.

As cute as he looks in these pics, he was really inpatient in the cross ties.  I'm sure he was anticipating another great grazing session.  Unfortunately, between the high winds and the gas pipes/chain being slung in the back by the "gas guys", he was too jumpy.  I tried, but he wanted to pull me along with him or w/o him , he didn't care.  Plus he was a bit jumpy-this is after a 20 min lunge and at least a 40 min ride.  He went back in his stall after a bit because I wasn't going to reward jumpy behavior!

No comments:

Post a Comment