And eventually, Kramer needed to go out & get some grass in his belly as it gave him an upset stomach. After several minutes grazing he was fine. I rode him for a bit but still didn't push him for fear of aggravating the irritation in his hoof from an errant nail.
Yesterday, after packing the trailer for the show in Jackson this w/e, I took Kramer in and lunged him. After 10 mins he was going so well, that I asked for Donna & Martha's opinion. Did they see anything that I was missing? No, they said he was going perfectly. Ok, great! So I tack him up & get on him and basically have to force him to trot out & when he did, it was very "gimpy-like". Donna said it was my weight that changed things for Kramer. So I trotted him several minutes pushing him forward. When he strided out in a nice trot, he felt right. I didn't ride him for more than 15 minutes as I didn't want to make the hoof sore anound the errant nail.
Part of Kramer's obstinance came from I was riding while Leonardo was dumping feed!
Kramer after our ride:
All is right with his world again...
Mitch will be out around noon to pull "errant" nail.
No comments:
Post a Comment