Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Busy Tuesday

I was very brave & got up with the alarm this morning and roused Frank out of our comfy bed so we could drag ourselves to the downtown "Y" to exercise at 6 this morning.  Then after a hearty b'fast, compliments of Frank, I headed out to the barn to ride Kramer.
After getting him from his paddock & letting him eat grass for about 20 mins, I got him ready to lunge:
After a good warm-up, I changed him over to the snaffle bit with draw reins:
He was keeping his head so far down that after about 5 mins, I decided to take this off and change over to the regular bit:
Kramer went so well today and was so consistent in this bit that I wish I had video of how he looked.  It's made all the difference in how he carries himself.  He stays on the bit instead of sticking his nose out with his head up & hollowing out in the back like he does with the snaffle.  All in all, a very good session today!
This is what Kramer thought of it!!

1 comment: