Monday, April 9, 2012

Is this getting easier?

I was thinking after my session with Kramer today that it just seems like things are getting much easier between us.  That also seems to have taken place during/after the WMonroe show a few weeks ago.  What happened?
Actually, I think several things happened that may have brought this about.  I think the main thing for Kramer was that he totally had to depend on me for everything at the show; there was no Leonardo.  It was I who fed, groomed, exercised, and cleaned up after Kramer.  If he wanted attention, it was MY attention he asked for and got.
But also there were the many work-outs and facing demons together that may have influenced my herd ranking with him.  I think I went from "I'm just as scared of everything as you & am ready to bolt at any second" herd member to "Get over it and keep your focus on me" dominate mare of the herd.  We spent hours together everyday from Wed. to Sunday and we really learned a lot about each other.  Since then, my confidence has become HIS confidence.  He seems so much more laid back and content. 
I've gone from "What have I gotten in to & you can have him back" to "This guys got talent and is learning his job".  I'm thinking soon we'll have some success in the show pen.
Some boring pics from today:  "Peek-a boo"

He was really hoping that the camera was something edible!
Kramer was lunged and then I rode him for about 25 mins.  I didn't pound on him as his shoes have slipped a bit (about 1/4") and I wasn't sure that his hooves wouldn't crack from the unusual shoe position.  Regardless, he did very well.  He does extremely well when "yours truly" keeps her legs on him!
We then did some shwmnshp for about another 20 mins or so and I've up'd my expectations of him since I've been told he does the class very well.  I wonder what "very well" means to some people?  To me, it means you could go out and win your class; to others it may mean he kind of sets up.......
Krame got some good grazing time after his rinse-off.  He's a happy pony.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad you guys are getting to this point... so what if it took a year? Juuuuuust kidding. Looking forward to chatting about your ride today when I get released from prison. :)

    ReplyDelete