Friday, April 27, 2012

Not a bad ride...

We "all" know that blogs aren't as interesting without pictures, but I feel my pictures are so repetitive!  How many times can you look at Kramer in the crossties, lol!  Since I don't have a professional photographer following me around while riding, etc. this is pretty much all I can do.  I literally was out at the barn by myself today as Donna & Paul in sep vehicles left at separate times.  I guess if I fell off & was unconscience, Leonardo would happen upon me!
But I digress....
Kramer & I got some things accomplished today.  We both didn't feel energetic but we were brave & cheerful and powered through our lethargy.  I lunged him at the trot for 10 mins and then posting trotted for a solid 10 mins letting him hold his head wherever until after 8 mins.  That's when I started asking him to go correctly on the bit and use himself behind.  He did that pretty well-except when the scary big black butterfly flew by his head!  He was like: "WTF?"  but again, he was brave and didn't let it upset him, lol!
We cantered a few rounds both ways which was nice.  But I still need to really work on him taking his left lead from the walk and/or trot.  He's def right-handed (or right-hooved as the case may be)and will willingly & easily take the right lead even if it's a counter canter.  What I really have to do when we're in the big long trot and may be asked for a canter from that gait is gather him up and sit deep before asking for the canter.  The trot from canter is perfect as is the walk from canter/trot.
Kramer air drying after his rinse off, conditioning, fly spraying, MSG-ing, hoof conditioning....no wonder he's always ready to go into his stall once our ride is over!  ; )
This is my funny random picture.  I took this from inside the kitchen window at "CC" snoozing on Faj's car.  She looks so comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment