Monday, April 23, 2012

A cold but successful horseshow!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Allie!!  With your keen observations and solutions Kramer and I had a pretty good show.  All I had to do, was follow your advice.  Not always easy, but usually always effective.
Your banding "job" was very pretty on Kramer.  Do we even have any pictures of it?  This was all I had on my camera:
I was going to post the other pic of you banding, but it's no longer in the folder....?  Glad I got it posted on FB!
Friday night's ride was a little frustrating for me as I felt I had too much horse even after an hour of riding.  He felt too fast for what I knew the judges would be looking for.  But it turns out, feeling what I think is going on isn't neccessarily what actually is going on.  Just because I've got a wind burned face, doesn't mean Kramer is actually traveling fast underneath!
Pics from Friday's ride:
Krame after the ride:
A couple of random pics of Kramer playing with the water in his bucket while Allie banded and his nice, long, thick tail:
Even though the weather turned "freaky" cold Saturday and Kramer was feeling waaaaay too good, we managed pretty well I think.  We were able to keep Kramer warmed up (as it took all day to get to our english classes)without him being too tired to show nicely and keep him happy.  Once in the nice, warm pen, we had to do the same; keep him loose w/o tiring him out.  He had a couple of stubborn moments where he tested me and the first time, he was almost successful, but I overcame the challenge...eventually.  The 2nd challenge came to where he decided he didn't want to go into the arena; we just had to get our momentum going.  In both the Am Sel HUS & the Open HUS, we did have some shining moments and the judges who appreciate Kramer's talent (& either overlooked my errors or didn't see them)placed us well.  We picked up a half a point in Select and a point in Open. 
Couldn't have been that successful without Allie coaching me!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes, you could have... well actually probably not.. .but now that you know how to ride it, you will be whether I'm there or not!! :)

    ReplyDelete