Kramer had an over-reaction to my spurs when I asked for the trot and I nearly came unseated, but sheer will power kept me on that horse. Then once I composed myself, I began the real ride & trotted (posting trot so I'm working too!)for quite some time. Eventually asking for the canter which could be ridden on a looser rein.
These pics are of Kramer right after our ride as he's trying to scratch his itches:
pausing for a moment to watch the welders.....
A little more scratching before he's untack & rinsed off.
He got a little "lathered up" under the saddle.
Tired boy....tired girl!
After his warm rinse and linament treatment
All is right with the world again:
I like this last picture (even tho' Kramer's head isn't in it)because it shows his body better than the other two:
Except for the fact that I didn't get his back half, geez!
He does look whipped. That's great! Hope today's ride is less eventful but still productive!
ReplyDeleteI'm in a bit of a quandry after today's "ride". I forgot my bridle here at the house that I was going to change the reins on, so I had to use the (crap, just had a mental block)but it's the snaffle that has the ends on it so it can't be pulled thru the horses' mouth. IDIOT!! I'm not sure if that contributed to Kramer's unwillingness to participate in todays ride or not, but he definitely didn't want to play. I did use Donna's spurs & I think they are too dull. I used them AND a long crop to smack his behind to get him to trot. When trotting it was as close to the dressage piaff (where the horse is trotting in place)as possible. I was exhausted from pushing with my seat & legs. We did many circles 'cause I could tell he was thinking about going up instead of forward. We probably circled more than we went in a straight line. I think that's the challenge-notice I didn't say problem-with a lazy, stubborn & smart horse! My quandry is: if Kramer's worked too much, will he be unwilling to do his job?
Delete