Monday, March 26, 2012

Friday-our day off

Friday, I woke up @ 5:45am.  What's up with that?  Lunged in the 2nd warm-up pen outside the main arena.  After feeding Kramer, I went to the trailer & enjoyed my hb egg, cheese & crackers, bannana b'fast.  After giving K an hour after his b'fast, I tacked him up and as it happened the show pen was just opening up for a warm-up.  We were the first in and it quickly got crowded.  I had to work to keep us out of trouble and make K feel safe.  I was only able to walk & trot and got some nice trots out of him.  As I was riding by one time, this young woman called out to me:  "Excuse me, Ma'am?"  I stopped and she asked if my horse was for sale.  I told her "Maybe".  She wanted her trainer Nikki Riddle to look at him.  I told her Nikki knew who I was so I left it up to them to ask me more if they were interested for real.  She told me she loved the way the horse moves and she's always on the look-out for a new horse to work with.  Okay.......
Then as I was riding again, Karen Mondini is waving to me fromthe gate and I rode over.  She found Kramer's owner before Cheryl.  Kathy Mowatt was so happy to see him. She told me she thought he may have died at Cheryl's.  She told me a lot about him.  He as the prima dona at Nancy Sue Ryans' place and he was such a wuse(sp?)that they called him "City" for City Slicker!  She also said that he wasn't edgy or shy about things (thanks, Cheryl!).  She was going to show him at the Reichart, but he cut his chest and because he thought he was going to die & couldn't move right for 3 weeks, she missed it.  It was at the Katy show where Cherl gave her a check for $15,000 and Kathy couldn't refuse it so Cheryl took him home with her-poor Kramer/City....The reason Kathy sold him was her friends at the time and her husband all were "into" roping and only wanted to go to those events and that left her with no one to haul with.
Kathy also told me that while at Nancy's, one of the "flunky" traimer's rode Kramer and did so with a big bit in his mouth and kept him drawn back a lot.  Thanks, Nancy.  Obviously, he wasn't worth her time.
Thought I'd better break up this long passage with some pictures!
Friday evening around 5:45, I rode K again in the warm-up pen-it was crowded and I really had to watch out for the other horses.  K shied 2x's and he copped an attitude.  I reprimanded him with small circles and trotting out more.  I rode him for over an hour.  He was going great by the end of it and the arena cleared out enough that I could canter and he did that nicely (head kept level more).  Took him to the stall and untacked cooled him down a bit & on the way to the wash rack, ran into Kathy who apparantly had been watching (she & her trainer Lisa L? from Gainsville0she only does HUS horses).  She said K was moving so nice and that she could never get him to keep his head as level as I had it (she said she didn't have strong legs).  She said that Lisa LOVED HIM!  That was really nice!
This is Kramer after his rinse off and linament treatment:
Puppies!!!
These little sweeties were next door to my trailer; they hardly made any noise at all.  My kind of dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment