Monday, March 26, 2012

Horse Showin'

Since I was out of town & "out of touch" with blogging since last Wed., I'll post from the notes I kept while at the horse show.
Wed's notes went like this:
I felt lucky to be able to get to I-20 as there was flash flooding everywhere and a couple of trucks at some of the little bridges getting ready to close them as the water was just below. But get there I did and had a relatively uneventful check-in and hook-up at the horse show grounds at Ike Hamilton in WMonroe.
Kramer acted better than I thought he would.  There were few people/horses about when I lunged him & rode.  I rode in the western saddle.  I gave him his omeprazole around 3pm and that night around 9-10pm, gave him some Smart Calm to be sure he could relax as it was getting busier and busier with people hauling in and setting up.
The above pic is of Kramer after our afternoon workout.  He was looking for his dinner!
I was ready that night for my nice, hot shower and only had not nice very cold water!  Come to find out the next morning from a friend who asked if I turned the propane tank on and looking at the expression on my face (which looked like Ohhhh....s__t! )Jackie busted out laughing, she said, the water heater needs gas for the pilot light.  So, I called Longhorn Trailers and Jimmy talked me through the proper steps to take.  I'm such a newbie to the LQ life style, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment