After about 10 days of being in Florida (& having a lot of good times), I began to feel "itchy" to get back and start riding Kramer. My restlessness was due in large part to knowing that so much of the progress we'd made before I left was slowly disappearing. Unfortunately, my feeling was right; Kramer had "forgotten" some of the things that were coming easily 3 weeks ago. My first two "rides" were awful. I felt like a tiny child on a stubborn pony. The third day was better, but the 4th was the most promising(spurs made the difference!).
This is Kramer anticipating my rescuing him from his round pen prison and about 15 mins of eating the lush, spring grass before we go into tack up for a ride:
Ha! I'm just now seeing his tail blowing in the breeze; it's beautiful!
This is what Kramer lives for.....grass!!
These next pictures are Kramer in the crossties after a rinse off & "after ride" grazing & waiting to go into his stall:
I'm giving Kramer & myself the day off today. Tomorrow it's back to the grind!
No comments:
Post a Comment