Monday, March 26, 2012

Saturday: Show day

Ugh!  Alarm went off way too early as I didn't sleep well at all.  Didn't feel like getting up let alone lunging so after I fed K, I fooled around until about 7am, then took him out for his morning lunge.  He quickly showed his wild side when a "monster" in the form of motorized farm equipment passed by on the other side of the wall next to the arena.  He did the galloping/whinneying thing for a bit.  After lungeing, tied him outside his stall while I cleaned it and he chilled nicely.  I cleaned two whole mucket buckets full of poo & wet shavings!  I gave him alfalfa as a sncak.  I took the truck and drove to 3 different places looking for grass hay as I ran short.  No one had any.  Luckily, Karen Oberlander & Jackie Collins gave me enough to get us through (I was short by 4 pads).
Put west. saddle on K and rode in outside warm-up pen.  He did pretty well, he was lowering his head more often than before on his own.  Untacked saddle out at the trailer, put on the english saddle and walked back to stall where I tied K up with hay & water. 
I checked with show office who said my class wouldn't start until closer to 5pm, so I headed back to the trailer ate half my 6" Subway and got dressed.  Conferring with Allie via cell phone, we decided to go ahead and give K his omeprazole to keep him on schedule and that I should get back on him around 4pm when shwmnshp was going on to warm-up & take my jacket with me. 
As it turned out the shwmnshp classes were huge, so I had plenty of time.  I lunged K a bit and then combed out his tail, did his feet, etc.  Got on and rode around in the warm-up pen.  Kramer "wasn't feelin' it"; he didn't co-op very much with my requests.  I finally got him to canter & to soften up a bit.  I put him up with hay & water while I chilled at the trailer.  I went ahead and untacked him and  fed him most of his grain as it was 5pm & shwmnship was no where near ending! 
Took him out around 7:30 for a small warm-up, then put him back up w/hay & water.
They announced eng. warm up in main arena around 8:30pm.   We rode in it and then Mark asked if I'd ride in the Green HUS to make 3, so I did.  During our trot, Mark's Corgie slips through the arena gate right in front of us and runs to Mark across the arena!  K didn't blink an eye!  Everyone got a kick out of that, helped me to relax.  K was like riding a freight train but he acted fine.
In the Select class, Kathy Mowatt, Kramer's former owner rode in it as well.  There were 3 of us.  Mark asked if I wanted to enter as a Region 9 entry since I would be guaranteed a prize and I said I would.  K was going pretty well in the class but at the end of it going the second way at the canter, I guess I was enjoying the ride too much and relaxed just enough that I took my leg off of him to where he broke to the trot.  Darn!!  Overall, not bad and we got a cool Weatha Beeta turnout sheet!  LOL!  Class was over around 9:30pm.  Put up my tired horse for the night and put myself up for the night around 11:30pm.  Long, but good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment