As I write this in the shelter of our home and comfortably in front of my computer, just a while ago I was out at the barn gathering Kramer from his pen before the big storms hit. I let Kramer eat as much grass as he could stuff in his mouth while keeping an eye (& camera)on the sky:
It kept getting darker and all of a sudden the warm winds turned cold!
I took Kramer in and by the time we started lunging, the rains came HARD. Kramer ran hard a couple of circles but quickly decided the rain on the tin roof wasn't all that exciting and I had to push him to trot out. When he was nicely exercised, I took him to the cross-ties where I cleaned/treated his hooves and played with his mane & did a little face trimming with the clippers.
After putting him in his stall to munch on some hay, I gathered up some odds & ends to put into the trailer. I think we are finally ready to haul to W.Monroe tomorrow morning. Today is the first day I'm actually looking forward to the trip & not feeling all the angst!
No comments:
Post a Comment