Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday's session

Again, needed to remind Kramer what bumping his sides means.....IT MEANS MOVE FORWARD!!!!!!  Why does he keep not wanting to move forward?  Do I not ask for it decisively enough?  And I don't mean "gigging" him with spurs, Lord knows that was too decisive!  At Allie's suggestion, I went ahead before our ride and administered 20cc's of omemprozole just in case it's his belly that hurts.  I waited for an hour before getting on (I lunged him for 15 mins before I rode)& I got his usual response to moving forward: throwing his head up & not moving forward but possibly thinking of going up instead.  So after much moving forward at the walk & asking for him to trot while keeping his head/neck turned toward an inside circle, he couldn't trot off that way (couldn't or wouldn't).  So that's when I went to the bat & smacked his rear, he got the message & moved right out. Again, he only needed an occasional tap with the bat & my heels (not even the spurs)to go from walk to trot. Ended our ride on a good note after doing walk/trot/canter transitions.
Pictures after his rinse off & grazing.  It was close to feeding time by this time & he was listening to Leonardo fill the feed buckets:
He's filled out nicely, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. He looks good in these pictures! Banding his mane this weekend should be a blast! ;) Hoping your ride today (Monday) was even better!!

    ReplyDelete