Monday, March 26, 2012

Thursday's notes

Thursday went like this:  Up at 6am, pull Krame out of his stall and give him a good lunge.  Then he was fed his b'fast and I went back to my trailer and had my hard-boiled egg, crackers and bannana & COFFEE!  I'd chill for a bit(which means, refill K's water bucket, clean his stall, check the "numbers" at the show office and then around 9am, lunge K again.  After his lunging, I took him out to the trailer to put the western saddle on him and then took him to the warm up pen outside the main arena to lunge a bit with the saddle on.  Kramer acted quite fiesty(galloping on the line & whinneying) & I didn't want to be on his back at that moment so I took him back to the stall, put his bridle on him, tied the reins to the saddle rigging to keep his head level & his mind focused on his job and lunged him again.  That's three lunges before 10am.  He settled down at some point & I rode him until close to lunch time.  When I was hosing off his legs after our ride, I heard the 45 minute call for a warm up in the main arena before the english classes started, yikes!  I hurried and changed to the English saddle and put K back in his stall, I went to the trailer and got dressed (& put my hair up)and by the time I rode into the arena, we had 10 minutes of warm-up time left.  After that, we rode back to the warm-up pen and I was using the 3' dressage whip because I forgot to put my spurs on & K was being hesitant at moving forward when asked.   I rode in Open HUS for Mark to make 5.  Our ride was not consistent as far as his headset and he broke twice in his canter the second time picking up the wrong lead (GEEZ!)so I had to trot him to p/u the correct lead.  At the end of the class, he was going great at the trot.
Afterwards, K was put up with hay & water and I was invited to the Collin's trailer for some spaghetti & meatballs, yummy!  Around 9pm, did some shwmnship to get K out of his stall for a bit and then put him up for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment