Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday's visit:

Kramer was a bit sore on the sole of his left hoof.  The one with the missing shoe. So he got lots of grazing/bonding time with me.  I think he enjoyed the grass much more than my presence!  After a good 45 mins or so, I took him into the barn and cut through the big, sandy arena to make it easier on his foot.  He soooo wanted to roll that I went ahead and took off his halter so he could do just that.  He got in a great sandy roll and then picked up a nice, slow canter that was so pleasing to just watch.  He then rolled again and did some fun bucks and runs and stops.  Then he realized, "Oh yeah, my foot hurts!"  So he begins trotting and limping and then picks up the canter again.  That's when I knew I'd better collect him so he'd not hurt his foot anymore.  He didn't mind my catching him and taking him to the cross-ties to put some drawing salve on his sole and then to the shower rack to rinse the sand off his sweaty coat.  Yuck...all the grit on the sweat.
Anyway, he was then put in his stall with his snack which he quite enjoyed:
He was still damp on his face, etc.  He loves his sea sponge when I use it to rinse his face.  He tries to eat it.
Here's his poor foot sans shoe:
It will feel much better tomorrow after Mitch shoes him.  Hopefully, he won't get any sorer on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment