Monday, May 7, 2012

Mmmmm, garlic!

I ordered the Hilton Herb garlic from SmartPak to combat the biting bugs that are much more incessant this year.  They are dried garlic slices and I thought: "Uh oh, these are probably too big to just add to Kramer's feed.  He may not like them as they are a bit potent and smelly.
While he was at the cross-ties, I offered him a "slice" and he tentatively took it, then we looked for another and another.  So I dumped the prescribed scoopful on his snack feed and...
He loves his garlic!  When he was finished eating it up, he did a body search to see if I had anymore.  It wasn't easy getting out of his stall as he had me blocked looking for more garlic flakes, lol!
He (and I)had an easy day today.  Grazing, rinse-off and hoof treatment.  I washed his mane with an iodine shampoo to see if that will help curb the flakes on his crest where he's been rubbing.

1 comment:

  1. Who woulda thunk? Enjoyed all of your posts from Friday forward!

    ReplyDelete