Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Equine Dentistry at Wildwood

Today was the day for bleeding gums and drool out at the barn as several horses had to have their teeth floated.  John Zachary is our equine dentist and does a nice job.  He had to smooth down some rough edges in "Kramer's" mouth, but all in all he said his teeth were in good shape.  I forgot to take a pic of John working on K-face so I got him to pose afterwards:
Looks like Kramer still loves him!
Took a couple of shots after I clipped K's ears and pulled some of his mane.  I must say that it would be MY horse that isn't affected enough to be sleepy from the "Ace" while I did the afore mentioned work on him!  Noooooo, he shook his neck and head and backed up and stepped forward the whole time I pulled his mane.  When clipping his ears I had to add the twitch and hold it tight with one hand while clipping with the other. Chee....
He didn't suffer too much trauma, but I was worn out.  So then I got ready to ride after a quick lunge.  He did very well and I rode for about 25 mins.  I wasn't sure how drugged he still may have been and didn't want to pull any muscles...
As you can see, I used the snaffle bit since I'm pretty sure his mouth may have been a bit sensitive still.
To a different topic:  Meet Stella:
She's so sweet and happy!  Here's Stella's hole she just dug:
Isn't it nice?  Here's where all the dirt went from the hole that Stella dug:
Jackson don't care!!  Hahahaaaa!!!  Gotta love dogs!






No comments:

Post a Comment