Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pictureless blog entry....boring!

I forgot my camera today (sound like someone we know?)so there are no pics attached of K-face or me.  When I gathered Kramer from his outdoor pen, I noticed his front shoe was gone.  I knew it!  I knew that because Mitch pulled the one "bad" nail leaving just 2 nails on the outside of the right shoe that it eventually would get loose & be pulled off by Kramer when playing outside.
As I was cleaning/conditioning K's hooves I realized.......it's the LEFT shoe that's missing!  The perfectly tight, all nails in place shoe was pulled off.  Geez.......
I lunged him and he went ok, a little "tippy toe" on his left, but not bad.  I practiced some showmanship with him, gave him a snack and since it was still pretty early, I turned him back out in his paddock with some alfalfa.
He was good with that.
Now I have to make decisions about his shoes.  He won't be ridden for 2 weeks as I'll be out of town.  I'll need to start riding him when I return from FL at the end of May thru June to get ready for the big horseshow in Athens in July(11th-15th).  I have a feeling that that foot will break off a lot without getting a shoe back on it.
I want him shod no sooner than 1 week before the July show in case we have another errant nail issue....  I need to look at a calendar & make a decision.  Ugh!
  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment