Monday, May 7, 2012

Show day Saturday May 5th

Got up at 5:45 am to lunge K-face and then feed him.  Cleaned out his stall a bit and then went back to the trailer for some coffee and a light b'fast.  Hard boiled egg, cheese and crackers.
Thought I'd get on Kramer and ride in the outdoor warm-up pen, but nooooo, he needed to be lunged...AGAIN!
Kramer ready to get out of the stall:
After our lunge and ride, I needed to pick out the stall a bit so his tail wouldn't drag in dirty stuff.  Kramer picked the muck bucket up by the handle and tossed it!
Then he peeks his nose back out to see where it went...
Close to our class.  I took him out for a short lunge and then got on and rode in the warm up in the main arena.  He was fine.
My biggest concern is the fact that when we try to ride in to the arena, Kramer is balking at that.  He refuses to just walk in.  I have to get him trotting on the outside of the pen and then ride him in fast.  Once in, he settles right down to work.  The class itself went well.  He kept his topline a little higher than usual, but he did what I asked him.  We placed first out of two in the class, but I was happy about his performance overall.  I just have to know that K-face takes a lot of pre-show warm up and that's just how it goes.  Because once in the arena, he's a very talented boy.  Once we get consistent, he'll be "the horse" to beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment