Friday, June 29, 2012

Thursday ride

"I feel good, nanananana...so good, so good!"
Now, it wasn't the most awesome ride ever, but it was a thrill for me to realize that I am getting consisatently good rides with Kramer.  We're not "fighting" over speed or headset.  Things are very copesetic between us.  I plan to keep things that way or at least if they're not that way on a paticular day, I don't want it to be because I created the situation.
Our ride was relaxed yet correct.  K's trot needed just a little work in that he felt like he could be striding out just a bit more.  I wanted his stride longer not faster. His topline needed more, although not "much more" drop so it would be level.  That's the only criticism of our ride.  His canter was slow, low & relaxed.  Loved it.  I wish someone would've had a video of it for you, Allie so you could see what it looked like compared to the video's you took just days before.
We were both pretty hot & out of breath after our ride so after untacking Kramer, I hot walked him until he cooled a bit & quit blowing.  Then he got the customary lukewarm rinse off  and hand grazing.  Since his paddock has a big tree providing shade over half of it and there was more breeze outside than in the stall AND Kramer hadn't eaten his morning hay, I turned him out there. That's when I finally took some pictures of him following me around hoping for treats & finally munching on his hay:




Taking a break today and will go out Saturday morning...early!

No comments:

Post a Comment