Monday, June 25, 2012

Skipped some days!

As I wasn't feeling 100% and was still feeling slight vertigo on Thursday & Friday, I didn't feel like sitting at the computer blogging.  Plus, my favorite daughter in the world came in for a visit on Thursday & I didn't want to miss a minute of her presence!
As usual, Kramer & I both benefitted from her visit.  Allie's "eye" as a teacher (& easily could be a trainer)caught my big riding mistake which was snoballing into a bigger problem for Kramer.  I was keeping too tight of a hold on the reins thinking Kramer was moving too fast, just shy of running away with me.
Allie rode Kramer on Friday (as I still wasn't feeling good in my head)& I could start to see that Kramer wasn't moving too fast, he was actually slow underneath, the fast feeling was coming from the power of his hindquarters and his very long stride.
The correct order of the pictures and visit would be Friday, the 22nd Allie first put in Kramer's fake tail to see how he'd handle it(which was fine)& then she lunged him.  Afterwards she rode, but the pics were all taken on her camera & I odn't have any of her in the saddle for my blog.  So lungeing pictures will have to do.  Nice tail!!



The next day, Saturday the 23rd, Allie lunged K-face, and then I got on and rode.  That's when she finally got through to me that I needed to give Kramer much more rein as he kept trying to level his topline, but the reins were so tight, he couldn't stretch down & relax.  That's when he would start "popping up" and tried to get relief from the constant pressure.  He was becoming resentful & I just kept holding on with a tight rein...IDIOT!



Just looking at this pic, I can see that there's not much "give" in the reins.  Where can he go with his neck & head?
I didn't know I could post a video, but I did!  Watch & "enjoy"!  My slow evolving revelation took place on film, lol!
Because of the video & amount of pictures, I'm going to post a new blog on this continuing saga...



No comments:

Post a Comment