Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Finally, I made it out!!!

...and I'm driving in....
everything looks good.  Ha!  NOT!  I went into the barn before getting Kramer and Leonardo tells me he lost a shoe.  He said: "Mosquitos, Trumpa stomp his feet!"  That very well may have aided in loosening the shoe. 
I called/texted Mitch immediately in case he was nearby-he wasn't- but he will be tomorrow.  So fortunately, we can get the shoe put back on then.
Bad, bad shoe!
I put K-face in the roundpen to eat up much of the overgrown grass in it while I did a few things in and around his stall.


 
Then I pulled him in and groomed, etc.  He enjoyed me lightly scratching his many mosquito & fly bites.  I applied witch hazel to them and finally some fly spray.  I cleaned & conditioned his front feet only-couldn't push my vertigo feeling much more than that-and conditioned & combed his mane & tail.
He was so sleepy that he had to struggle to keep his eyes open.  He opened them for pretty pictures a couple of times:


The last one was taken of him watching me sit down in the chair; I sat down a couple of times to rest.
Then he slowly started falling asleep:




He was getting tired of me taking pictures, but he seemed ready for a nap!


No comments:

Post a Comment