Thursday, June 14, 2012

Best laid plans....

My intent today was to go work out with Frank early this morning.  Get home & eat b'fast around 8:30 and then go out to the stable to ride Kramer. Those were my plans.....
You know how some days those plans go awry?  I woke up just before 7:00 and realized that Frank hadn't woke me up (we are sleeping in sep rooms because he's been coughing and sneezing A LOT!)to go to the "Y" for our workout at 6 am.  I thought, "Oh well, so much for going downtown, I'll just get up in a minute, eat & then go ride."  That's when I heard him in a strange tone of voice calling for me.  He was lying in bed looking very pale and had broken out in a cold sweat.  I was not sure what was happening.  I asked him: "went through several questions to see if it might be heart related like:  Where is your pain?" hoping this wasn't something heart related.  He said the pain in his chest was like muscle pain probably from all the sneezing & coughing.  He had no pain in his arm.  However, when he tried to get out of bed, he almost passed out-on two attempts!-and he broke out in that cold sweat again.  I didn't like any of this & wasn't sure of what I was dealing with so I called Garrett to come from work to help me in case Frank couldn't make it to the car without help.  So we all drove over to the urgent care where as fate would have it, Frank's primary care physician was working today.
He was taken care of immediately by the nurse's, etc. who looked like worker ants, asking him questions, putting a cold cloth on his neck, getting him into a wheelchair and into a room in mere minutes.  When the doc came in, he agreed with me that he should be looked at by a dr and not just treated at home.  He told Frank that he looked a might "peaked".  He ordered blood tests, lung & sinus xrays and a swab for flu(we had our flu shots in Nov).  Xrays showed a bad sinus infection which was trying to creep into his lungs & cause bronchitis.  No flu.   He was given a cortisone shot & an antibiotic shot.  He'll tale an oral antibiotic for a week and has some good cough med that will help him sleep.  He'll also be taking musinex-d (walgreen's brand:  9.99 vs. 25.99).
As far as my plans to go ride?  yeah, not so much!  Tomorrow is another day.....I just made that up. Heeheeee

No comments:

Post a Comment