I'm kicking myself because I had so many opportunities to take pictures of my "adventure" with Kramer thismorning and I didn't even take the camera out of the my purse! I'm going to have to blame it on forgetfulness caused by lack of sleep, a too early wakeup call and not enough coffee.
I did take pictures the other day of K that I haven't posted, and being that he looks pretty much the same (lol), I'll use them. I also took a picture of the new truck hooked up to the LQ. It was the first time I've towed with the truck & I really like it's performance. Gotta love a gas-powered F-250!
I took these pictures during our "grazy time" after our really nice ride day before yesterday.
This morning I had to get Kramer to a vet in Minden for a fast Coggins. I need an updated Coggins for the show in Athens, TX on the 10th & I waited too long for my vet to do it. Donna thought she was going to have her vet out last week to pull some blood on a couple of horses, so I was witing for her to get back from her show to tell me when she scheduled the vet. Turns ot she didn't sched a vet as the none of the horses she currently owns needs the test done. It was a couple of the horses she recently sold that would've needed it. Moral of that story: Don't depend on someone else to help you get your own responsibilites taken care of.
I digress.....I made the appt for 8 this morning as my choices were at 8 or 2pm. Since the temps have been ridiculously hot, I chose the early time to be hauling Kramer.
So I got up at 5am and made a cup of coffee (not enough), packed a few snacks & drinks, paperwork and then headed out to Wildwood which takes about 20 mins or so to get to from my house. I arrived around 6:15 and that gave me an hour to start out for the vet.
I walked K-face up to the trailer ramp & offered him a delicios treat which bribed him into stepping both front feet onto. He then kind of just stopped & looked like he decided right there was a good place to take a nap. I think sometimes that Thoroughbreds are related to donkeys! Leonardo came out to give Kramer a little incentive, and K decided to step completely off the ramp them. Nice....
eventually, he decided that he would walk on in to the trailer. Ok, hard part over, now off we go. The trip took a total of 30 minutes or less and we got to the vet center called "Rocking Rooster" in Minden. It's a very unique place in that the vet's office is in the center of a big country store which included everything from furniture to horsefeed. Another photo session missed by yours truly! Dr.Clemmons was a very nice and helpful man. He drew the sample while K was still in the trailer & then scanned his crest for his chip. Uh.....chip? Oh yeah, I forgot that I never did do that. So, ever-patient Dr.Clemmons inserted one. We had to get into the trailer for this part & K was a little confused thinking he was supposed to come out. But he realized that we weren't asking him to, so he stayed put. He wasn't thrilled about the visit as he was jabbed twice, but he eventually settled down (while we were doing paper work)& started to munch on his hay.
Anyway, I'll have his Coggins & Health Paper in the mail tomorrow so even with the 4th being Wed., I should get it by Friday.
Hauled back & arrived at Wildwood by 9:20. K was given more hand grazing time and then turned out in his paddock with hay & alfalfa while I cleaned up the trailer inside & out and then unhitched and finally headed home to a shower and a sandwich!
Pics of my "big rig":
No comments:
Post a Comment