Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A rainy, "Kramer-less" day

Hi there!  Even tho' I didn't go out to ride, etc. today, I thought I'd share.  Frank & I ran to Wal-mart for some "supplies" & I've been doing chores around the house.  Actually, I'm taking a break from ironing to do this.  I said I wouldn't take a picture of me w/o make-up, and I did it again!  I look like I have no eyelashes; I do, I swear!
I didn't ride Kramer today, but he's been on my mind often.  I've been thinking about yesterday & how I can avoid days like that.  Do I need to change up the routine, try to be a quiet rider, give him different challenges to break the monotony?  All of those things?  Given that he's an intelligent animal, could be his misbehavior is a way of telling me he's bored to death.  See? I've been doing some thinking. Let me know what you think (about Kramer, not about my not wearing enough make-up for pictures).

2 comments:

  1. I would say don't overthink it but at the same time, the thoughts you are having are good ones... the next time you get on him and he's being stubborn or just not wanting to "do right" change something up. Make him trot over some poles, or sidepass, or do rollbacks, or back in a square.... He probably is bored, but what he's doing is his job, so he has to learn to work through the boredom without acting like a butt. (Just like me at work ;) ) Otherwise, it's your job to just keep riding... just like when you ignore a child that is acting up. Same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, out of curiosity.... how OLD is that pencil holder in the background of your picture??? Seriously I think I may have made that when I was a tot..... how has it not disintegrated?

    ReplyDelete