Monday, February 6, 2012

A cool, windy Sunday

Had a very good session with Kramer on Sunday.  Somehow I've gotten into the habit of posting on my blog the day after.  Not sure how that happened.  But anyway, today is Monday & I posting Sunday's events.
Kramer seems to be more and more consistent (in a good way) with my last few rides.  It truly is rewarding to have all the hard work begin to show itself.  Kramers trots are better sooner in that he travels correctly in half the time as before.  His headset hasn't gotten as consistent as his gait, but it's improving.  He naturally wants to carry his head either too high or too low.  I'm working on keeping it level for a longer period of time.  He seems to do best when I keep more leg on him & contact on the bit.  My little fingers are getting callouses from keeping them closed on the reins!
Afterwards, I hand-grazed him for 30 mins before putting him up.  I had to laugh at his reaction to my tripping on a rolled up hose & as I went down on one knee; he did the "cutting horse pose" of splaying out his front feet with his head down (close to mine!)and he froze in that position for a few seconds before looking at me as if saying: "What was THAT all about?"  Wish I could've gotten that one camera!
Went home & enjoyed watching the SuperBowl with Garrett, Frank & Maureen.  We ate traditional dips/ chips and sloppy joes.  The game was a good one, and the commercials were ok.  I think the "non-SuperBowl" commercial not seen last night with the dogs camping out & upon hearing scary noises, they all jump back in the Nissan is much funnier than last night's ads. They've added some more scenarios & all are funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment