I want to know what button clicked with me that I now (whether I've longed Kramer or not, and whether it's windy & cool or not)feel confident enough to throw the english saddle on him and know that there won't be any problems and if there are any problems, I can handle them? I'm thinking my catharsis took place after I was able to conquer my "bail out" impulse and ride through a scary time with Kramer. My fear conquering moment wouldn't have occurred if Allie hadn't been there to coach me through it. I can't thank you enough for that Allie. It's really changed the way I approach all things Kramer!
Anyway, I did longe today as it was many degrees cooler than when I rode Tuesday and pretty breezy( a cold breeze) too. Kramer was fine during our ride even when Paul began sweeping the doorways & stalls with a broom to knock down webs & dust. Kramer looked, but not much.
Because he was having a hard time keeping his topline level during trot & canter take off, I added a little reinforcement -draw reins-. Then I asked him to begin trotting from the halt position and also to canter off. He has a hard time with that as he wants to "cave in" towards the center of the arena; almost always when his left side is facing the center. I actually had to bump him hard with my left foot/spur to get him to move his belly to the right. I was working him in the middle of the pen just so I didn't have the fence to help me. He finally traveled straight and after almost 10 mins took the draw reins off. By this time, I'd been riding for almost an hour, so I didn't put the solid bit in his mouth, I'll save that for next time.
We ended on a positive note. All in all, a productive ride!
No prob bob, just glad I was there and you were willing to stay on. (Even tho you really didn't want to :) )
ReplyDelete