Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday's ride

On the way to the barn today there was an interesting cloud formation that caught my attention:

It was this big open space with bright white clouds surrounded by dark clouds that actually circled the opening.  The dark clouds had rain in them, but the rain never hit the ground.  I found it very intriguing....
Anyway, I rode K after lungeing and decided not to jump him today.  I want to keep changing things up for him.  I laid out poles all over the arena and had him go over them at the walk and trot.  Later I loped him around and would do some transitions and/or while riding over the poles.  I also worked on forehand turns and lots of backing.  I must say, that his backs have gotten soooo much better over this past year.  Rode for about 45 mins and then he got some grass & turnout.  Only pictures are of his turnout time:



See ya Thursday, Kramer.

No comments:

Post a Comment