Welllllll, just when you think it's safe to go in the water......or some saying that such as that.
I thought since I rode K yesterday that he would be a "quieter" boy today. Nahhhhh! I decided to take him outside for a change of pace and it was so nice & breezy.
You can see that Kramer's relaxed and not freaking out or anxious, etc. He held some of the lunge line in his mouth while I was untangling the other end of it. I lunged him a good bit, until he was carrying his topline level. He had some good spurts of gallop, bucking, etc. So I got ready to mount up (but first had to take a pic):
I used the mounting block to get up on him and as I started to walk away, a student & lesson horse entered the pen. It wasn't anything spooky, they came in quietly, slowly, disinterested....
But with them behind us, Kramer decided to buck. The bucks were crow hops, but crow hops with height & energy. Donna (who I wished she'd have taken pics), suggested I get off & lunge again. She didn't have to convince me, I was pretty sure that was going to happen. I lunged his energetic self again only this time with ALOT of cantering. When I was satisified that he "gotten that out of his system" I got on him. He was compliant by this time, but seemed somewhat resentful. I kept my legs on him and tried not to fidget with the reins, but he would pop his head up a lot to either look at things or think about shying at things behind him (?). I think riding with the snaffle bit enabled him to do this even when I had a hold of his face. We trotted, walked, backed, and forehand turned for almost an hour. I thought I was going to canter him, etc. when we walked back to the indoor pen, but as I asked for a trot, he seemed a little sore on front feet (new shoes)so I just walked him around & stopped & started a few times and then asked him just to stand alongside the rail until I decided to dismount. Did I mention? Not one time did he take the stubborn attitude by not moving forward...not once.
Waiting for his rinse off.
The next series of pics shows K doing his vaccumm cleaner act as he sucks up any & all leaves off the ground before moseing over to his morning hay:
All those leaves made him thirsty!
Finally getting back to his hay:
What a goof!
No comments:
Post a Comment