As I've been saying to anyone who will listen, yesterday was a revealing day as far as how Kramer feels about having a challenge thrown his way. He much prefers it! The only time he got "cranky" while I was on his back, was when I asked for the trot on the staight-away. But when asked to jump or trot over cavaletties, he was all attentive & happy.
I didn't get pictures/video of him but he was so willing to jump, he basically began loping and continued doing so 4x's around looking for the "jump".
As talented as he is & wanting to have things to either look at or jump/trot over, why wouldn't he like Trail classes as well? There would be no rail work. I think he might enjoy both events.
As it was raining & lightening (the dangerous kind)this morning from 4-7:30, I did not go downtown with Frank. He was brave & strong-willed. I will be heading downtown but to the feed store to get wormer and alfalfa. Then when I get to the barn, I'll lunge and maybe trot over poles. I think we'll take a break from jumping today. If the weather was nice, I was just going to fool with Kramer on the ground today, but since it's still raining (yea!! we need it!), I'll get him out of his stall and give him a few challenges.
No comments:
Post a Comment