Now that I've updated what's happening with me, this is a blog all about my life WITH Kramer. So what's up with him, you ask? Yesterday, I drove out to see him (he's boarded at a hunter/jumper stable about 25 mins from my home)and lo and behold it started raining, yea!!! Kramer was in the large, sand-filled round pen and as I drove up I saw him running around & bucking and just cutting up. Apparantly, he didn't like being rained on. I "rescued" him, putting on his halter to take him inside and he literally was bucking in place. Ok, ok, I get it-you don't like the rain. So as I walked & he pranced into the barn, as soon as his hooves hit the concrete walkway, I thought he was going to fall down he was so lame. I tied him outside his stall and kept trying to get his left hoof up to see if that abcess was worse & he wouldn't lift the foot. I angrily kept trying to get him to lift that foot but he wasn't having it. I asked a friend to help & after failing to lift it this time, she said "It's his RIGHT foot he doesn't want to put weight on". WHAT??? He's been lame on the left, I didn't even look at this right foot. Turns out after all the running & bucking in the round pen, he threw a show. Augh! He was barefoot & didn't like it. Soaked his poor little foot, gave him some aspirin & put him in his stall. What next, big boy?
No comments:
Post a Comment